[OS X TeX] TS 3.35 & eps coversion

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Tue Apr 29 19:39:43 CEST 2014

I routinely use texshop as a quick way to convert eps into pdf by just dropping a graphic on TS on the dock. Since recent versions I have noticed a behavior that I don’t think was there before:

It seems as if TS remembers that it already converted a file and it ignores subsequent attempts to convert a file by the same name, even if its contents have changed. When I say that TS “ignores” the file, I mean that nothing happens when I drag-and-drop an eps file onto the TS icon on the dock, if a file by that name has already been converted.  I have to quit/restart to convince TS to convert. I am now on TS 3.35 but I think this started with the update just before the last one.

Themis