[OS X TeX] Can I do my next book in TeX?

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Mon Apr 28 22:33:30 CEST 2014

Hi,

Just had a quick look through the free version. Congratulations on the
book. I will see about getting the paper version.

I would have thought that book were achievable in LaTeX/TeX/XeTeX but in
any case, I would probably have done it in FrameMaker.

So far as outputting to EPUB, there was some discussion on this on this
list and texhax some time ago. Unless there has been some development
work, I believe the consensus was that such a workflow does not exist.
Elements may be cobbled to make a workflow.

I have experimented with a number of files with and without graphics,
tables, etc. I found that Calibre produced passable results but nothing
was as good as pdf. Simple text files are fine.

Interesting discussion here on
Stack-exchange.http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/1551/use-latex-to-produce-epub

Regards
Alan

On 29/04/14 8:03 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> Hello folks,

> I am planning another book which is more text-oriented. Actually. I already have written larger parts of it using ConTeXt. Now I have to decide what to use for final production. I would like to finish this in ConTeXt but I would also like to possibly output EPUB. I preferably do not want to use InDesign anymore.
>
> Have work flows been devised to combine PDF production for print and EPUB from a TeX-based source?
>
> Yours,

> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/

Dr Alan Litchfield
AlphaByte