[OS X TeX] MakeIndex and periods in file names

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 18 00:37:23 CEST 2014

On Apr 17, 2014, at 5:13 PM, Uwe Schmock <schmock at fam.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> the file name "Script2014.04.15.tex" works fine with TeXShop and BibTeX, but calling MakeIndex generates the message
>
> Input index file Script2014.04.15 not found.
> Usage: makeindex [-ilqrcgLT] [-s sty] [-o ind] [-t log] [-p num] [idx0 idx1 ...]
>
> on the console window. Of course, I can remove the periods in the file name, but maybe there is an expert around who can adjust MakeIndex to accept the such a file name.
>
> Happy TeXing,
>
> Uwe

Howdy,

Just to be sure, is there really a Script2014.04.15.idx file that was produced by the (pdf)latex run?

Could you try to use texindy on the idx file:

texindy -M lang/english/utf8 -o Script2014.04.15.ind Script2014.04.15.idx

in Terminal (adjust the languish and encoding accordingly---ascii is a subset of utf8). I don't know if it will work but you can try it.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)