[OS X TeX] latexit-keynote linkback

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Wed Apr 2 01:32:44 CEST 2014

On Apr 1, 2014, at 3:05 PM, Gary L. Gray <gray at psu.edu> wrote:

> I just posted the following to the MacTeX list run by TUG.
>
> I am running LaTeXiT 2.6.0b16 and Keynote 6.1 under OS X 10.9.2. It seems that if my preferences in LaTeXiT are set to:
>
> Export format of images: PDF with outlined fonts
>
> then dragging the proxy icon for a LaTeXiT image previously placed Keynote back to LaTeXiT only places the image in LaTeXiT and not the source. On the other hand, if I have my LaTeXiT preferences set to:
>
> Export format of images: PDF vector format
>
> then dragging the proxy icon for a LaTeXiT image previously placed Keynote back to LaTeXiT does also place the original source in LaTeXiT. Can anyone reproduce this?

Yes, I can reproduce it. I also tried  a couple different export formats and got inconsistent results:

PDF vector format: image and source are both pasted
PDF with outlined fonts: image is pasted, source is missing
EPS vector format: no source, no image
TIFF, PNG or JPEG: source but no image

Keynote 6.1, latexit 2.6.0b15, OS 10.9.2