[OS X TeX] Find & Replace

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Sep 19 19:43:00 CEST 2013

On Sep 19, 2013, at 8:41 AM, Ulrich Groh <ugroh at me.com> wrote:

> If I try to use the find&replace function in TexShop then I fail if I search for, e.q. \iftex \hfill \qedsymbol \fi . The same happens in TeXEdit. Therefore this seems to be an OS X problem (?). Any suggestion?
>
> Thanks
> Ulrich

Howdy,

In Ogrekit the \ has a special meaning because it is used to `quote' the following letter. To explicitly search for a \ you need to `quote' it; i.e., use \\. So search for

\\iftex \\hfill \\qedsymbol \\fi

and that sequence should be found.

I have no idea what is happening in TextEdit. Does it do regex?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)