[OS X TeX] typing em dash (---)

Nicolae Garleanu garleanu at haas.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 17 01:22:08 CEST 2013

Thank you, Ross. I definitely take your point concerning collaboration, it would have hit me pretty soon of its own. Initially I had not even considered not leaving the three dashes unchanged in the source, but some of the reactions to the original question made me think along these lines. As Herb wrote, better leave all these substitution boxes unchecked. I have lived 15+ years very happily with three (or two, depending on the case) dashes, will continue to do so. I guess that at some point I checked the smart dashes box (to see what it does?) and completely forgot about it..
Nicolae