[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility: Listing Failed error

Gary L. Gray gray at psu.edu
Mon Sep 16 16:48:06 CEST 2013

On Sep 16, 2013, at 10:41 AM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just opened TeX Live Utility 1.13, with the Updates button selected, got message "Listing Failed" in the window where you would normally see the list of packages, if any, that can be updated.
>
> I tried several different repositories, in different countries, but the same thing happened.
>
> What does it mean and how fix?
>
> Note that if I click the Packages button, I do get a list of what's installed.

I emailed Adam yesterday and he replied with the following:

"Yeah, TL is broken for now because of a bad entry in the database. Soon a new version will come out, and will require a reinstall of tlmgr via the Action menu."

It should be fixed soon, but it looks like it will require some action on our part.

Gary