[OS X TeX] Gnuplot call from within pgfplot

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Sep 14 15:36:12 CEST 2013

On Sep 14, 2013, at 8:17 AM, Joshua Smith <jhs0807 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2013, at 8:53 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>>> I followed the instructions in the file and I added gnuplot to the list of restricted shell escape programs.  I tested it, and a minimal example worked pdflatexmk (and not just sepdflatexmk).  However, in following your instructions, when I used the command:
>>>
>>> sudo -H mktexlsr
>>>
>>> I got the warning:
>>>
>>> warning: kpathsea: /usr/local/texlive/2013/../texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf: Last line of file ends with \.
>>>
>>> I had added an extra blank line to the file, as the instructions stated in clear, bold letters.  So, why the warning?
>>

>> Could you send me a copy of that texmf.cnf file so I can see what's going on? In any case, I enclose a version for you to try.
>
> Herb,
>
> Attached is the version that I used.  I created it by copying the text from the PDF instructions and then cleaning up extra line ending characters using TextEdit.  Thanks for taking a look.
>
> Josh
>
> <texmf.cnf>

Howdy,

I see no extra blank line but simply a single new line rather than two in a row. I wonder if TextEdit does some strange things to shorten the file. Get a copy of TextWrangler from <http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/> which is free. I've used the ``fancy'' version, called BBEdit, since pre-OS X days and they make a great editor.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)