[OS X TeX] Is it possible to use Arial fonts in plain TeX using TeXShop?

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Mon Oct 28 15:06:45 CET 2013

If you’re willing to use XeTeX, it’s quite simple:

(Compile with plain XeTeX engine:)

\font\arial="Arial"
\arial Some text in Arial
\bye

See the xetex documentation for more details on font selection.

Alternatively there are the urw-arial fonts which can be installed by doing:

sudo getnonfreefonts-sys

in the terminal.

Alan