[OS X TeX] MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 73, Issue 13

Ulrich Groh ugroh at me.com
Tue Nov 19 21:56:15 CET 2013

> I had a document that was typeset with lualatex last year and worked fine.
> Now (with mactex 2013), I cannot typeset unless I comment out the fontspec package. With \usepackage{fontspec} the typeset stalls for a few minutes (Activity Monitor shows lualatex at nearly 100% processor use) and then I get a crash (segmentation fault) of lualatex.
>
> I suspected an old version of some package might be used from my personal tree, but the log does not show any.
> Even the minimal example below shows the problem on my mac. For now, since I don't really need lualatex in this case, I can easily typeset, but I also had some documents using actual lua code, and these will be a problem.
> Any suggestions are gratefully appreciated.
>
> (to make matters worse for troubleshooting purposes, I cannot easily revert to texlive 2012, which is installed, since the prefpane does not work currently on Mavericks :-( )
>
> Luis Sequeira
>

> Here is the very minimal example
>
> % !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
> % !TEX TS-program = lualatex
> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
>
> \usepackage{fontspec} %if this line is commented out, no problem; like this, it crashes
>
> \begin{document}
> Hello!
>

> \end{document}

I don't know wether this is the sam problem I had, but I fixed my issues with the following:

%%
editing
/usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaotfload/luaotfload-blacklist.cnf

adding Skia.ttf, which causes the problem to this file
(see http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/140840/lualatex-luaotfload-broke-after-upgrading-to-mavericks )

%%

Regards
Ulrich