[OS X TeX] Updating MacTeXtras Documentation

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Nov 19 18:57:48 CET 2013

On Nov 19, 2013, at 11:21 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 16.11.2013 um 23:08 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> I would like to know your experience running under Mavericks.
>
> I can only offer experience of reading…
>
> § 1.7 mentions a "MacTeX-2010" distribution. Shouldn't it be more up-to-date or more universal like a "MacTeX-20xy" distribution? Best would be "MacTeX distribution" IMO…

Howdy,

Thanks for catching that. It's amazing how many times you can go over a document and still not catch that sort of thing.

> On the second page you are using the term "i86". 32-bit applications for the intel processors have an "i386" architecture while the 64-bit variant is "x86_64". The mix of "i86/ppc" is UB (Universal Binary), as used before for Aquamacs Emacs 2.4. And "Texmaker, the universal LaTeX editor" seems to be correctly written as "Texmaker"…
>

> --
> Greetings
>
>  Pete

The i86 designation is what was given on the web site. The i86/ppc designation may very well be that there are separate versions rather than a Universal Binary. I've thought about changing my designation of TeXmaker (or even TeXMaker) but just can't get myself to do it! :-)

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)