[OS X TeX] Problem with font AND TeX distribution pref pane

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 13 23:48:04 CET 2013

On Nov 13, 2013, at 4:15 PM, Stephen Anderson <sra at yale.edu> wrote:

> Thanks to Dick, Herb and Peter for hints on how to solve my problems.  I hope the PrefPane gets fixed soon — Peter’s solution of appending the appropriate bin directory to the path and opening e.g. TeXShop from the command line works, but it’s pretty cumbersome.
>
> As for the fonts, the versions I have are in the form of old .suit files and also (so GetInfo says) Postscript outline fonts.  I don’t think anyone has been developing these fonts locally for many years, so my efforts to get .otf or .ttf versions have not borne fruit.  I tried using fondu to convert the .suit files, but I get an error on each: e.g.
>
>> Can't find an appropriate resource fork in ./YaleAdmin-Roman.suit
>
> Is there some other utility around that might do this conversion? I tried a couple of online conversion sites, but none of them would do anything with the files I have, either.  These all show up in FontBook and they work fine in other Mac applications (and in previous versions of XeLaTeX).
>

> --
>
> Steve Anderson

Howdy,

I find it hard to believe you can't get the fonts from <http://www.yale.edu/universityprinter/typeface/typeface.html>. I'm not there so I can't but you are. Are they really that ancient that .ttf or .otf versions aren't available? Those versions can be used on Mac OS X.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)