[OS X TeX] Mountain Lion neither makefile nor latex command functions

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 13 00:09:22 CET 2013

On Nov 12, 2013, at 5:00 PM, NMPOST7 <nmpost7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/11/2013 23:51, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> Have you tried VIM? <http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php>
>>
>> There also files for working with LaTeX (if they don't already come with VIM). <http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net/index.php>.
>
> It is the same Herb. VIM. I used only the old term "vi" (the old Unix name).
> I have remained loyal to VIM (or vi as I call it) since 1999.
>
> I use it even for text files :)
>
> My curiosity: what files are there vim for LaTeX?
>
> BR
> suren

Howdy,

I'm not a user of vi(m) so I suggest you go to the link I gave in my previous message.

Many years ago, when I was using a PDP-10 running BSD Unix, I use emacs with great delight via a Terminal. Gave up emacs (well, I did use Alpha for a while) once OS X came out and switched to TeXShop which has been my Editor/Front End of choice ever since.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)