[OS X TeX] Mountain Lion neither makefile nor latex command functions

NMPOST7 nmpost7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 17:51:49 CET 2013

On 12/11/2013 17:36, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> You say you updated to OS X 10.8.5 but not from what version of the you started.
>
> Please let us know what
>
> ls -alF /
>
> ls -alF /usr
>
> ls -alF /usr/local
>
> echo $PATH
>
> which latex
>
> returns as run in Terminal. Do you use a GUI front end for compiling or do you use the Terminal directly?
>
> Try to install the FixMacTeX2013.pkg found in /Applications/TeX; i.e., double click that .pkg file and follow the directions.
Thank you, Herb,

I was using Snow Leopard. my latex was installed using TeXLive-2012
As mentioned in my last message  Just did: PATH=/usr/texbin:$PATH; export PATH
and the latex command works.

However the "make" command does not work

I just tried you "which latex" command but it returns nothing :(

Regards
suren