[OS X TeX] Mavericks

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 6 18:56:22 CET 2013

I’ve subsequently discovered from Apple Support Communities that a lot of people are complaining about the initially-slow finder problem, but maybe not everybody. I wonder if the caching that needs to be done for the finder used to be done automatically at startup, but someone decided to eliminate that for faster startup times. I also found out that there is a more severe problem on those machines that have “Google Drive” installed which apparently is causing instability and crashes in the finder. For that, the only workaround is removing Google Drive.

Richard Séguin