[OS X TeX] Mavericks

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Nov 6 15:17:45 CET 2013

On Nov 6, 2013, at 4:06 AM, roberto avanzi <roberto.avanzi at online.de> wrote:

> My problem with Mavericks is that TeXShop is nearly unusable. It crashes 30% of the times I open an external file. I use a versioning application called Perforce (I was able to switch our internal reporting from Word to LaTeX, created some ad hoc macros for our usage, and now we are actually saving time), and if I check out a file from the repository and open it, I can expect TeXShop to crash. :/

Howdy,

What version of TeXShop are you using? When you say you check out the file I assume you then have an actual copy of the file on your hard drive for editing.

I'm certainly not seeing lots of TeXShop crashes under Mavericks. I do see the problem with Mavericks caching when when you first open a folder with lots of documents. Various other glitches when dealing with Desktop windows have shown up. Looking forward to 10.9.1--4.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)