[OS X TeX] Synctex doesn't work with file names that have spaces. Is this fixable?

mrl mrl at psfc.mit.edu
Thu May 9 21:08:52 CEST 2013

Hi - Because of the demise of Textures, I just had to install TexShop with
Flashmode, for someone who obtained a new mac.  This person has hundreds of
files, that have spaces in their filenames.  It appears that Synctex doesn't
work with file names that have spaces.  I've seen it claimed that this
problem was fixed on other platforms.  Has anyone tried to fix it for the
mac?  I don't have a C compiler myself.  What would be necessary to
recompile the code, which would have fixes for this problem?  Thanks. - Mark