[OS X TeX] TLU failure

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Tue May 7 19:03:14 CEST 2013

Hi, all,

I had an update failure using TLU (on 10.6.8).  The log file (attached as zip file, with others) offers this assessment:

    fmtutil: Error! Not all formats have been built successfully.
    Visit the log files in directory
         /usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf-var/web2c
    for details.

The log files there offer no clue, although there were a couple of log files with this:
WARNING: Elsevier font setup not found
WARNING: mmasym package not loaded. some symbols will fail
(pdftex/jadetex.log and pdf/pdfjadetex.log).

I'm not sure whether this is Mac-specific, so I'm starting here...

Help?

Thanks!

Justin