[OS X TeX] Updated QuickLook generator for TeXShop 3.14 documents.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 4 19:16:03 CEST 2013

On May 4, 2013, at 11:53 AM, R Martinez <rm.tech at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After installing TS 3.14 on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.8.3, the new TeX icons looked great but, as others have reported, QuickLook did not display *.tex documents (QL displayed everything else normally). So I installed Herb's QLColorCode.qlgenerator in ~/Library/QuickLook (which was empty) and rebooted.
>
> Now QL displays my *.tex documents with color coding but not the new *.tex document icon. Instead, the icon displayed for *.tex documents is a Numbers icon with the word TEX at the bottom.
>
> Has anybody encountered this? Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Raul Martinez

Howdy,

Did you run through the suggestions that Dick Koch gave in his initial mention of TeXShop 3.14? First, select one of the .tex fiels and do a Get Info… on it; then select another app to open .tex documents and choose `Change All' and confirm; finally, go back and choose TeXShop again and `Change All'.

If that doesn't work get Mountain Lion Cache Cleaner at <http://www.northernsoftworks.com/mountainlioncachecleaner.html>, and do a Cache Cleaning with settings Light Cleaning and cleaning all three caches. This will require a re-boot. Then Open TeXShop and create a new .tex document which should have the new icon and all your other .tex documents should have that icon too.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)