[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.14 icon and QuickLook

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 4 16:46:33 CEST 2013

On May 4, 2013, at 2:40 AM, Martin Costabel <costabel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On 3/05/13 23:47, Michael Sharpe wrote:
>> The new icon is very handsome, but on my machine, it seems to have interfered with the operation of QuickLook. For example, in columns mode, it used to be that when a .tex file was selected, its contents would show in a panel above the file info, but now that panel is occupied by the icon. In addition,  pressing the spacebar when a .tex file is selected (all modes---icon, list, columns, screen flow) brings up not a look at its content, but a window with the icon and a button that allows you to open the file in TeXShop.
>>
>> Perhaps there is a setting to change this behavior, but I've been unsuccessful at finding one.
>
> Comparing the Info.plist files of the old and new version, I saw that at two places public.plain-text have become public.plain_text. I edited Info.plist and replaced the underscores by dashes. This brought *.tex quicklook back to its old behavior.
>
> This looks like a simple typo to me. But then I don't know more about Info.plist files than what google teaches me in 2 minutes.
>
> --
> Martin

Howdy,

Did you do anything else besides changing the info.plist file? Are you using the QLColorCode.qlgenerator or some other qlgenerator to display the document?

I tried doing that on a 10.7 system. Even moved TeXShop out of the Applications folder and and back in and rebooting and got nothing. After installing the hacked version of QLColorCode.qlgenerator and rebooting all the nice syntax coloring is back.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)