[OS X TeX] can't get TeXShop 3.14 icons

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu May 2 01:04:59 CEST 2013

On Apr 30, 2013, at 1:02 PM, Joe Heafner <heafnerj at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tried everything I've read and can otherwise find on this and I still can't get the new TeXShop icons to show up. My TeX documents have plain white icons. I've cleaned out caches, restarted, reinstalled all in futility. Any remaining ideas?
>
> Does TeXShop 3.14 properly clear recently opened files from its Dock expose view?
>
> Joe Heafner

Howdy,

Try getting Mountain Lion Cache Cleaner, <http://www.northernsoftworks.com/mountainlioncachecleaner.html>.  Choose `Cache Cleaning' and then `Light Cleaning' but check all three check boxes (Clean Local Cache, Clean System Cache, Clean All Users Caches). You'll have to reboot. After rebooting first open TeXShop and create a new document on your Desktop; it should have the new icon. Then open the folder(s) with your other tex documents and all should be well.

Strangely, I had problems with my iMac but a MacBook Air and an old MacBook Pro had no problems at all.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)