[OS X TeX] circle using metapost

Franck Pastor franck.pastor at skynet.be
Sat Mar 23 17:10:35 CET 2013

Le 23 mars 2013 à 16:45, NMPOST7 a écrit :

> Dear All,
>
> having gone through quite a few tutorials and explanations, I am finally back in
> the mailing list.
>
> All I need to do it metapost is draw a circle  at a particular coordinate (x,y)
> with a diameter of n.
>
> The code is clear to me. However, I need to specify the coordinates and the
> diameter.
>
> draw fullcircle scaled 50;
>
> Thanks
>
> BR
> suren

Not sure if it is exactly what you want, but it must be something like that… For a circle of diametre d = 3cm and center c = (1cm, 2cm) :

%unit
u = 1cm ;
% center c and diameter d
pair c ; c = u*(1, 2) ;
d = 3u;
% the circle
beginfig(1) ;
	draw fullcircle scaled d  shifted c;
endfig ;
end.

You can choose to turn it into a macro, of course:

def do_my_circle(expr c, d) =
	draw fullcircle scaled d  shifted c
enddef ;
u = 1cm ;