[OS X TeX] Re: Scientific Workplace/Word or similar products

ahoesch ahoesch at advanced-science.com
Sat Mar 23 01:34:15 CET 2013

Lantz Susan-2 wrote
> A colleague, who recently returned to using LaTeX after a long absence,
> just came in and asked me if I knew of a product similar to Scientific
> Workplace, but less pricey. He needs a program that will manipulate
> numbers and variables and typeset the results in LaTeX.
>
> Mac (or even Windows) product recommendations appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance.

You might want to try out Cassiopeia (http://www.advanced-science.com)!
Cassiopeia is a scientific wordprocessing and database-based document
management system for MacOSX. It features scientific word processing, a
super efficient equation editor (based on MathML content markup), a symbolic
algebra system, LaTeX export for printing and many other useful features.

Regards,

 Andreas