[OS X TeX] Re: metapost

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 21:37:36 CET 2013

In article <17D8DBB5-2918-45A4-8547-A08A1D5EA158 at skynet.be>,
 Franck Pastor <franck.pastor at skynet.be>
 wrote:

> Nicola Vitacolonna has created a very handy interface to MetaPost for TeXShop
> and also for some other editors. If you use TeXShop, check its README file to
> learn how to use it, in here:
>
> $HOME/Library/TeXShop/engines/inactive/MetaPost

On re-reading my own README, it occurred to me that you may also use
Lua(La)TeX directly with MetaPost. Just pass -tex=dviluatex or
-tex=dvilualatex to the mpost command (there is also an example inside
the folder above that shows you how to do it in TeXShop). If you know
LaTeX and don't want to go the ConTeXt route, that may be another way to
enhance MetaPost's text typesetting capabilities.

Nicola