[OS X TeX] Re: metapost

Nicola nvitacolonna at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 20:48:10 CET 2013

In article <514C823F.6020902 at googlemail.com>,
 NMPOST7 <nmpost7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> is there a tutorial or text, that will help me learn METAPOST?
> The documentation I have found have helped a bit, but I am not a (La)TeX
> expert.
> All the documentation work I do is, however, done only on LaTeX. I do not use
> any office product for any form of documentation.
>
> At times I need to use graphics, that I need to "draw". I did a few using
> METAPOST. However, I do not know the "basics". The documents I have found are
> highly technical and for a newcomer to METAPOST those documents are not very
> helpful.

I've found the following manual by prof. Peter Grogono to be an
accessible and well written introduction to MetaPost:

MetaPost: A Reference Manual

http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~grogono/Writings/writings.html

Quoting the author: ³Many tutorials are available on the internet,
including John Hobby's original A User's Manual for MetaPost. Tutorials
are better for some purposes than for others; my manual is intended for
the "other" purposes.²

Nicola