[OS X TeX] metapost

NMPOST7 nmpost7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 20:26:51 CET 2013

On 22/03/2013 19:15, William Adams wrote:
> While could certainly draw those up by hand using a tool like Intaglio.app or Inkscape,
I'd be inclined to agree w/ your initial intent to use METAPOST or something
like to it.
> Asymptote is a nice front-end and you may find it more amenable.
> I've been trying to hoe this row for a while (wanting an alternative to
using Macromedia FreeHand) and one interesting tool I've found is IPE:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ipe7/
> which is something of a graphical front-end to METAPOST.

Thank you. I shall check out those alternatives. However, I  must say, that
METAPOST (the only one I tried apart from METAFONT) was really elegant and I can
position the lines very precisely. Precision is extremely important in the
subject I mentioned. For example when three lines intersect, there should arise
absolutely no gap (a hole). Hence, precise positioning is important. I could do
this with METAPOST. I need to try the TikZ. A casual look at it made me think of
METAPOST. The code looks similar.

Another advantage I notice in METAPOST is, I can use the same code again and
just change the coordinate figures to adjust, amend or emend a figure.

BR
suren