[OS X TeX] metapost

NMPOST7 nmpost7 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 17:40:49 CET 2013

On 22/03/2013 17:14, Smith, Henry wrote:

> Have you looked at TikZ?  It might be easier for you to learn than
> METAPOST, but still a little steep learning curve...
>
> HTH
>

> Henry
Thank you. I haven't. My problem is multi-fold.
1. I am at present doing a documentation using the "malayalam" package
   The package has a preprocessor, that I have not managed to run on my mac
   (Leopard). I have a virtual machine running on parallels (the system is
   Linux (SuSE 9.3!!!!). I know, it is ancient.  But that is my only solution
   to my work.
2. Since the (La)Tex version on SuSE is ancient, I am not sure, if I can use
   the TikZ. An update might create problems for me (I am not an expert).

3. When I updated my old virtual machine (from Texlive 2010 to 2011) the
   script   did not work. The fault probably lies at my end.

4. Mac has problems with ligatures in Malayalam and the result is terrible.
   hence I need to use Linux (I do not use Windows)

However, I shall give TikZ a try. After all I am a self taught person :)I do not
mind the steep learning curve. What I am missing is the basic knowledge.
Yet, I would still love to learn METAPOST.

Best regards
suren