[OS X TeX] Deleting a piece of text on texshop editor -issue

Dilan Fernando eddfernando at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 03:57:29 CET 2013

Dear All,

I use Texshop to typeset my documents. But I have a bit of a
problem when I want to delete some piece of text. Let's say
if I want to delete a whole paragraph and then I choose the
whole paragraph by selecting the whole thing by dragging
my finger on my trackpad ( I am using a Macbook Pro with Mountain Lion
and the latest version of TexShop) and then hit the delete key. But
the paragraph does not get deleted until I tap the trackpad again. I
understand that
this is a minor issue, but this is so annoying.

 I tried the same with other text editors I have and I have no such
issues.
Also, if I do the same without using my trackpad, (instead select the
piece of text I want to delete using shift+arrow keys and hit delete
key then everything gets deleted without a problem. No such issues
whatsoever.

What am I doing wrong here? Is this a bug? Can anyone please help?.

Thanks so much for your time.

Dilan Fernando