[OS X TeX] TeXShop 3.18 no longer has icons for .tex files
tricycle222 at att.net
Sun Jun 9 06:11:29 CEST 2013
I thought I was lucky since I did not have any trouble with 3.14 but now that I updated to 3.18 my .tex files no longer have the LaTeX icon.
I tried everything that I read in the postings for the 3.14 problem with no luck.
1. Cleaning caches, rebooting, opening TeXSHop, saving a new file. Even the new file is just a plain white rectangle (corner folded).
2. Rebuilding the launch services database, rebooting, etc.
3. Use CMD i to getinfo select TeXShop to open the file then Change All, but nothing changes in the icon
4. I can paste the icon in the getinfo window and then it changes that file, but does not change any of the other .tex files
5. Deleted all TeXShop.app files from my MacBookPro OS X 10.8.4 and downloaded a new 3.18 from the web. No change.
5. Rebuilt the launch services database and reverted to default file associations. The .tex files for which I changed the icons (by pasting icons in the getinfo window) now are associated with TextWrangler and those that I have not are TeX source files but have the icon of an executable file for the terminal.
This is driving me nuts. Hope there is something else I can try. I can't paste the icon in 100,000 .tex files that are all over my hard drive with 2,000,000 other files.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts you have. Tom Rike
More information about the macostex-archives