[OS X TeX] LaTeX editors with truly great file organisational abilities

Scot Mcphee scot.mcphee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 19:55:07 CEST 2013

On 19/07/2013, at 00:04 , Adam R. Maxwell <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:

> On Jul 18, 2013, at 6:55, Eric Weir <eeweir at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 18, 2013, at 9:50 AM, "Adam R. Maxwell" <amaxwell at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Some years ago, there were guys using BibDesk heavily with MMD, and I even talked with the Scrivener author about integration. I do not recall how that ended, but maybe it's worth revisiting.
>>
>> Scrivener compiles to LaTeX via MMD.
>
> And…? Our discussion was on integration of Scrivener and BibDesk, I believe. Fletcher Penney may have been involved as well.

No there's no Scrivener and BibDesk integration that I know of. You just insert the BibDesk citation key into the MMD formatted reference, e.g. [23][#Author2001] and MMD will turn that into a \cite[23]{Author2001} ... BibDesk doesn't seem to have a "copy as MMD" function in version 1.6 at least.

In MMD/Scrivener I could just use the Latex \cite ... I just have to enclose it in XML comment tags e.g. <!-- \cite[23]{Author2001} --> ... MMD understands that between the comments is raw LaTeX and uses it untouched, removing the comment directives on the way through. The problem is defining templates that allow this (without me having to manually intervene for every citation). Are BibDesk templates editable?

When I have to deal with Word-land I will just have to suck up the nightmare it created.