[OS X TeX] TeX Spotlight plugin

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jul 7 19:02:21 CEST 2013

On Jul 7, 2013, at 11:45 AM, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:

> The plug in works, as advertised. Thx.
>
> There is one problem: Spotlight does not know about older TeX files.
>
> How do I tell Spotlight to reindex everything?
>
> GG

Howdy,

In System Preferences->Spotlight->Privacy drag the system HD (Macintosh HD by default) to the Privacy Panel and save the setting by quitting System Preferences; this removes the spotlight index from the system HD. Then do the same thing but remove that HD from the Privacy list by selecting that HD and pressing the - button and then save the setting by quitting; this tells Spotlight to re-index the HD. If all went correctly clicking on the Spotlight icon on the menu bar should tell you it's re-indexing. Then just wait until it's done; this can take a while.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)