[OS X TeX] MinionPro on MacTeX 2012

Theo Moore tsgmoore at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 16:01:36 CET 2013

Dear all,

I've been trying to install MinionPro to be used with pdflatex and
mactex 2012. I've been using the guide here:
http://codealamode.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/installing-minionpro-for-latex-on-mac.html

which seems to go without a hitch (at least no errors are displayed).
However, upon trying to compile a minimal example listed on the
website, I get the errors:

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+545/600 --dpi
545 MinionPro-It-Base-ad
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for MinionPro-It-Base-ad.
mktexpk: perhaps MinionPro-It-Base-ad is missing from the map file.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
 )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
!pdfTeX error: /usr/texbin/pdflatex (file MinionPro-It-Base-ad): Font MinionPro
-It-Base-ad at 545 not found
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Any hints of tracking down the problem? I was wondering if the
instructions were meant to work with Mactex 2012 or that it migh have
something to do with my directory structure.

Thanks.