[OS X TeX] latexmk + Dropbox (+ Mavericks)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Dec 21 21:25:55 CET 2013

On Dec 21, 2013, at 2:14 PM, Gary L. Gray <gray at psu.edu> wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2013, at 3:03 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
>> The present Stable Release, 2.4.10, (and probably all of the 2.4.x releases) has a Pause Syncing command. You can get to it by Clicking on the Menu Bar Icon and then the Gear Icon or Opt-Click on the Menu Bar Icon.
>
> Then I don’t understand why the release notes for 2.6.0 state:
>
> “Pause Syncing is now available from the tray popup.”
>
> Maybe I don’t understand what the “tray popup” is. Anyway, I have never had a need for it, so I never looked.
>
> Gary

Howdy,

haven't used any of the betas in a while. I'd guess it is directly available when you click the Menu Bar Icon rather than having to then click the Gear Icon.

The shell scripts that basically used kill to pause and restart syncing are interesting but I hesitate putting them into an engine because there would be no guarantee that the resume gets executed if there is a problem typesetting the document.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)