[OS X TeX] TeX on iPad

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Dec 8 15:44:54 CET 2013

On Dec 8, 2013, at 7:54 AM, George Gratzer <gratzer at me.com> wrote:

> Did u guys read these articles? Have fun.
>
> <NoticesV.pdf>
> <NoticesVI.pdf>

Howdy,

I remember the earlier articles but not these. Of course I didn't have an iPad at the time so I may have simply ignored them. Very nicely put together.

Steve Jobs made a big mistake by assuming that documents should be owned by a single app and therefore there is no need for a `file system'. Anyone who is more than a simple user will often use more than one app to work on the same file; e.g., many photo enthusiasts (not necessarily professionals) use multiple applications when dealing with raw photo files or even jpg file. Luckily, under OS X, even though there is a default application that opens when you double click the file, you can right click a file and use Open With… to open a file with another application. No such luck with iOS.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)