[OS X TeX] TeX on iPad

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Dec 5 23:06:37 CET 2013

On Dec 5, 2013, at 3:40 PM, Martin Berggren <martin.berggren at cs.umu.se> wrote:

> For better or for worse, the momentum is towards mobile devices, and OSX seems to become more and more iOS like. I believe it would be a mistake to ban iOS stuff from this list.
>

> Martin Berggren

Howdy,

Because iOS is so restrictive/crippled if OS X became iOS I don't think you could develop iOS software under it. In any case I think occasional transgressions to somewhat related topics have always been tolerated on this list. I see no need to change the Name of the list or anything else. Reasonable email readers, including Apple's Mail, allow you to filter on subject and/or content, etc., and if it is so bothersome to receive several, even a dozen, emails that one finds uninteresting just kill emails with that topic/content for a while.

Again, I feel bad about bringing the iPad up at all. It was an example of something I don't like in Mavericks (or Lion or Mountain Lion) but which can be turned off in system Preferences->General.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)