[OS X TeX] Bug in PDFKit

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 19:53:10 CEST 2013

Somehow several messages came with 3 days delay

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de>wrote:

> Am 12.04.2013 um 14:59 schrieb Victor Ivrii:
> > I found that if using hyperref I include in URL non-ASCII characters like
> You've made a mistake here.
> Uniform Resource Locators need to be either in 7-bit U.S. ASCII or in case
> on an “unsafe” encoding you would need to transform it according to RFC
> 1738. In the end the cyrillic characters would be encoded as %<HEX
> byte>%<HEX byte>. “Unsafe” means here ambiguous meaning of the code points
> because more than one character encoding can be applied. Punycode (RFC
> 3492) is another option to encode an "international" URL.
> I think this restriction is still true in 2013.

I used urlencode on cyrillic part and produced pdf contains link recognized
by Preview.

Unfortunately tooltip in Preview shows Chinese characters -- exactly as if
I insert link with Acrobat (even if I tried to load fontenc and inputenc
and camp) while tooltip in Adobe Reader shows Cyrillic characters.

I am not sure anyway why non-PDFtoolkit based browsers (kpdf, AR, texworks)
have no grudges against plain vanilla URLs while Preview and other PDFKit
based browsers have problems.


On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>

> Report bugs at <
where you'll have to enter your Apple ID.

 I a couple of days of testing I will  submit bug report to Apple


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/attachments/20130415/a1fcbd4b/attachment.html>

More information about the macostex-archives mailing list