[OS X TeX] Font selection package

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Sep 27 20:54:51 CEST 2012

Am 27.09.2012 um 19:39 schrieb Frank STENGEL:

> I have a feeling I somehow imagined the existence of the package I am looking for.

Have you looked into the LaTeX Companion, the first release?

Do you remember any (author's) name?

What was the package's purpose? Introducing or installing new fonts? Or font encodings? Adding font variants or variations? Change font handling?

Here is a list of font related packages in TeX Live 2012:

i Asana-Math: A font to typeset maths in Xe(La)TeX and Lua(La)TeX.
i Type1fonts: Font installation guide.
i accfonts: Utilities to derive new fonts from existing ones.
i adforn: OrnementsADF font with TeX/LaTeX support
i ae: Virtual fonts for T1 encoded CMR-fonts.
i aeguill: Add several kinds of guillemets to the ae fonts.
i allrunes: Fonts and LaTeX package for almost all runes.
i altfont: Alternative font handling in LaTeX.
i amsfonts: TeX fonts from the American Mathematical Society.
i antiqua: URW Antiqua condensed font, for use with TeX.
i anyfontsize: Select any font size in LaTeX.
i arabtex: Macros and fonts for typesetting Arabic.
i archaic: A collection of archaic fonts.
i arev: Fonts and LaTeX support files for Arev Sans.
i arphic: Arphic (Chinese) font packages.
i ascii: Support for IBM "standard ASCII" font.
i augie: Calligraphic font for typesetting handwriting.
i auncial-new: Artificial Uncial font and LaTeX support macros.
i aurical: Calligraphic fonts for use with LaTeX in T1 encoding.
i avantgar: URW "Base 35" font pack for LaTeX.
i b1encoding: LaTeX encoding tools for Bookhands fonts.
i barcodes: Fonts for making barcodes.
i bartel-chess-fonts: A set of fonts supporting chess diagrams.
i baskervald: Baskervald ADF fonts collection with TeX/LaTeX support.
i bbding: A symbol (dingbat) font and LaTeX macros for its use.
i bbm: "Blackboard-style" cm fonts.
i bbm-macros: LaTeX support for "blackboard-style" cm fonts.
i bbold-type1: An Adobe Type 1 format version of the bbold font.
i belleek: Free replacement for basic MathTime fonts.
i bera: Bera fonts.
i berenisadf: Berenis ADF fonts and TeX/LaTeX support.
i beton: Use Concrete fonts.
i bgreek: Using Beccari's fonts in betacode for classical Greek.
i biolinum-type1: (pdf)LaTeX support for the Biolinum family of fonts.
i blacklettert1: T1-encoded versions of Haralambous old German fonts.
i boisik: A font inspired by Baskerville design.
i bold-extra: Use bold small caps and typewriter fonts.
i bookhands: A collection of book-hand fonts.
i bookman: URW "Base 35" font pack for LaTeX.
i boondox: Mathematical alphabets derived from the STIX fonts.
i brushscr: A handwriting script font.
i calligra: Calligraphic font.
i cantarell: LaTeX support for the Cantarell font family.
i carolmin-ps: Adobe Type 1 format of Carolingian Minuscule fonts.
i cbcoptic: Coptic fonts and LaTeX macros for general usage and for philology.
i cbfonts: Complete set of Greek fonts.
i cc-pl: Polish extension of Computer Concrete fonts.
i ccfonts: Support for Concrete text and math fonts in LaTeX.
i cfr-lm: Enhanced support for the Latin Modern fonts.
i charter: Charter fonts.
i cherokee: A font for the Cherokee script.
i chess: Fonts for typesetting chess boards.
i chessfss: A package to handle chess fonts.
i cm: Computer Modern fonts.
i cm-lgc: Type 1 CM-based fonts for Latin, Greek and Cyrillic.
i cm-super: CM-Super family of fonts
i cm-unicode: Computer Modern Unicode font family.
i cmbright: Computer Modern Bright fonts.
i cmcyr: Computer Modern fonts with cyrillic extensions.
i cmsd: Interfaces to the CM Sans Serif Bold fonts.
i collection-fontsextra: Extra fonts
i collection-fontsrecommended: Recommended fonts
i collection-fontutils: Graphics and font utilities
i collection-metapost: MetaPost (and Metafont) drawing packages
i comfortaa: Sans serif font, with LaTeX support.
i concmath: Concrete Math fonts.
i concmath-fonts: Concrete mathematics fonts.
i concrete: Concrete Roman fonts.
i context-simplefonts: Simplified font usage for ConTeXt.
i context-typescripts: Small modules to load various fonts for use in ConTeXt.
i countriesofeurope: A font with the images of the countries of Europe.
i courier: URW "Base 35" font pack for LaTeX.
i courier-scaled: Provides a scaled Courier font.
i cryst: Font for graphical symbols used in crystallography.
i cyrillic: Support for Cyrillic fonts in LaTeX.
i dancers: Font for Conan Doyle's "The Dancing Men".
i decorule: Decorative swelled rule using font character.
i dejavu: LaTeX support for the fonts DejaVu.
i dice: A font for die faces.
i dictsym: DictSym font and macro package
i dingbat: Two dingbat symbol fonts.
i droid: LaTeX support for the Droid font families.
i duerer: Computer Duerer fonts.
i duerer-latex: LaTeX support for the Duerer fonts.
i ec: Computer modern fonts in T1 and TS1 encodings.
i ecc: Sources for the European Concrete fonts.
i eco: Oldstyle numerals using EC fonts.
i eiad: Traditional style Irish fonts.
i eiad-ltx: LaTeX support for the eiad font.
i electrum: Electrum ADF fonts collection.
i elvish: Fonts for typesetting Tolkien Elvish scripts.
i epigrafica: A Greek and Latin font.
i epsdice: A scalable dice "font".
i esint-type1: Font esint10 in Type 1 format
i ethiop: LaTeX macros and fonts for typesetting Amharic.
i ethiop-t1: Type 1 versions of Amharic fonts.
i euenc: Unicode font encoding definitions for XeTeX.
i euler: Use AMS Euler fonts for math.
i eulervm: Euler virtual math fonts.
i euro-ce: Euro and CE sign font.
i eurosym: MetaFont and macros for Euro sign.
i fc: Fonts for African languages.
i fdsymbol: A maths symbol font.
i feyn: A font for in-text Feynman diagrams.
i feynmf: Macros and fonts for creating Feynman (and other) diagrams.
i fge: A font for Frege's Grundgesetze der Arithmetik.
i figbas: Mini-fonts for figured-bass notation in music.
i fntproof: A programmable font test pattern generator.
i foekfont: The title font of the Mads Fok magazine.
i font-change: Macros to Change Text and Math fonts in plain TeX.
i fontaxes: Additional font axes for LaTeX.
i fontbook: Generate a font book.
i fontch: Changing fonts, sizes and encodings in Plain TeX.
i fontinst: Help with installing fonts for TeX and LaTeX.
i fontname: Scheme for naming fonts in TeX.
i fontools: Tools to simplify using fonts (especially TT/OTF ones).
i fonts-tlwg: Thai fonts for LaTeX from TLWG.
i fontspec: Advanced font selection in XeLaTeX and LuaLaTeX.
i fonttable: Print font tables from a LaTeX document.
i fontware: (shortdesc missing)
i fontwrap: Bind fonts to specific unicode blocks.
i fourier: Using Utopia fonts in LaTeX documents.
i fouriernc: Use New Century Schoolbook text with Fourier maths fonts.
i fpl: SC and OsF fonts for URW Palladio L
i frcursive: French cursive hand fonts.
i fundus-calligra: Support for the calligra font in LaTeX documents.
i fundus-cyr: Support for Washington University Cyrillic fonts.
i garuda-c90: TeX support (from CJK) for the garuda font in thailatex
i genealogy: A compilation genealogy font.
i gentium: Gentium font and support files.
i gfsartemisia: A modern Greek font design.
i gfsbaskerville: A Greek font, from one such by Baskerville.
i gfsbodoni: A Greek and Latin font based on Bodoni.
i gfscomplutum: A Greek font with a long history.
i gfsdidot: A Greek font based on Didot's work.
i gfsneohellenic: A Greek font in the Neo-Hellenic style.
i gfsporson: A Greek font, originally from Porson.
i gfssolomos: A Greek-alphabet font.
i gillcm: Alternative unslanted italic Computer Modern fonts.
i gnu-freefont: A Unicode font, with rather wide coverage.
i go: Fonts and macros for typesetting go games.
i gothic: A collection of old German-style fonts.
i greektex: Fonts for typesetting Greek/English documents.
i grotesq: URW Grotesq font pack for LaTeX.
i gsftopk: Convert "ghostscript fonts" to PK files.
i hacm: Font support for the Arka language.
i hands: Pointing hand font.
i helvetic: URW "Base 35" font pack for LaTeX.
i hfbright: The hfbright fonts.
i hfoldsty: Old style numerals with EC fonts.
i ibycus-babel: Use the Ibycus 4 Greek font with Babel
i ibygrk: Fonts and macros to typeset ancient Greek.
i inconsolata: A monospaced font, with support files for use with TeX.
i initials: Adobe Type 1 decorative initial fonts.
i installfont: A bash script for installing a LaTeX font family.
i ipaex: IPA and IPAex fonts from Information-technology Promotion Agency, Japan.
i iwona: A two-element sans-serif font.
i jablantile: Metafont version of tiles in the style of Slavik Jablan.
i jamtimes: Expanded Times Roman fonts.
i japanese-otf: Advanced font selection for platex and its friends.
i jfontmaps: Font maps for Japanese fonts.
i junicode: A TrueType font for mediaevalists.
i kerkis: Kerkis (Greek) font family.
i kixfont: A font for KIX codes.
i knuthotherfonts: (shortdesc missing)
i kpfonts: A complete set of fonts for text and mathematics.
i latex-fonts: A collection of fonts used in LaTeX distributions.
i lato: Lato font fanily and LaTeX support.
i lcdftypetools: A bundle of outline font manipulation tools.
i lcyw: Make Classic Cyrillic CM fonts accessible in LaTeX.
i levy: Fonts for typesetting classical greek.
i lfb: A Greek font with normal and bold variants.
i lgreek: LaTeX macros for using Silvio Levy's Greek fonts.
i lgrx: Greek text with the LGR font encoding.
i lh: Cyrillic fonts that support LaTeX standard encodings.
i libertine: Simple use of Linux Libertine and Biolinum fonts.
i libertine-type1: (pdf)LaTeX support for the Libertine family of fonts.
i libertineotf: Linux Libertine fonts for use with lua(La)TeX and xe(La)TeX.
i libris: Libris ADF fonts, with LaTeX support.
i linearA: Linear A script fonts.
i lm: Latin modern fonts in outline formats.
i lxfonts: Set of slide fonts based on CM.
i marvosym: Martin Vogel's Symbols (marvosym) font.
i mathabx-type1: Outline version of the mathabx fonts.
i mathastext: Use the text font in simple mathematics.
i mathdesign: Mathematical fonts to fit with particular text fonts.
i mathdots: Commands to produce dots in math that respect font size.
i mathpazo: Fonts to typeset mathematics to match Palatino.
i mathspec: Specify arbitrary fonts for mathematics in XeTeX.
i mdsymbol: Symbol fonts to match Adobe Myriad Pro.
i metafont: A system for specifying fonts.
i metafont-beginners: An introductory tutorial for MetaFont.
i metapost: A development of Metafont for creating graphics.
i metatex: Incorporate MetaFont pictures in TeX source.
i mf2pt1: Produce PostScript Type 1 fonts from Metafont source.
i mflogo: LaTeX support for MetaFont logo fonts.
i mfnfss: Packages to typeset oldgerman and pandora fonts in LaTeX.
i mfpic: Draw MetaFont/Post pictures from (La)TeX commands.
i mftinc: Pretty-print Metafont source.
i mfware: Supporting tools for use with Metafont.
i mnsymbol: Mathematical symbol font for Adobe MinionPro.
i moresize: Allows font sizes up to 35.83pt.
i musixtex-fonts: Fonts used by MusixTeX.
i mxedruli: A pair of Georgian fonts.
i ncntrsbk: URW "Base 35" font pack for LaTeX.
i newtx: Alternative uses of the TX fonts, with improved metrics.
i nkarta: A "new" version of the karta cartographic fonts.
i norasi-c90: TeX support (from CJK) for the norasi font in thailatex
i ocr-b: Fonts for OCR-B.
i ocr-b-outline: OCR-B fonts in Type 1 and OpenType.
i ocr-latex: LaTeX support for ocr fonts.
i ofs: Macros for managing large font collections.
i ogham: Fonts for typesetting Ogham script.
i oldlatin: Compute Modern like font with long s.
i oldstandard: Old Standard: A Unicode Font for Classical and Medieval Studies.
i opensans: The Open Sans font family, and LaTeX support.
i orkhun: A font for orkhun script.
i pacioli: Fonts designed by Fra Luca de Pacioli in 1497.
i palatino: URW "Base 35" font pack for LaTeX.
i paratype: LaTeX support for free fonts by ParaType.
i pb-diagram: A commutative diagram package using LAMSTeX or Xy-pic fonts.
i persian-modern: The "Persian Modern" family of fonts.
i phaistos: Disk of Phaistos font.
i philokalia: A font to typeset the Philokalia Books.
i phonetic: MetaFont Phonetic fonts, based on Computer Modern.
i pigpen: A font for the pigpen (or masonic) cipher.
i pkfix: Replace pk fonts in PostScript with Type 1 fonts.
i pl: Polish extension of CM fonts in Type 1 format.
i plnfss: Font selection for Plain TeX.
i polski: Typeset Polish documents with LaTeX and Polish fonts.
i poltawski: Antykwa Poltawskiego Family of Fonts.
i prodint: A font that provides the product integral symbol.
i ps2pkm: Generate a PK font from an Adobe Type 1 font.
i pslatex: Use PostScript fonts by default.
i psnfss: Font support for common PostScript fonts.
i punk: Donald Knuth's punk font.
i punk-latex: LaTeX support for punk fonts.
i punknova: OpenType version of Knuth's Punk font.
i pxfonts: Palatino-like fonts in support of mathematics.
i pxgreeks: Shape selection for PX fonts Greek letters.
i pxtxalfa: Virtual maths alphabets based on pxfonts and txfonts.
i recycle: A font providing the "recyclable" logo.
i relenc: A "relaxed" font encoding.
i relsize: Set the font size relative to the current font size.
i romande: Romande ADF fonts and LaTeX support.
i rsfs: Ralph Smith's Formal Script font.
i rsfso: A mathematical calligraphic font based on rsfs.
i sansmath: Maths in a sans font.
i sauter: Wide range of design sizes for CM fonts.
i sauterfonts: Use sauter fonts in LaTeX.
i semaphor: Semaphore alphabet font.
i skak: Fonts and macros for typesetting chess games.
i skaknew: The skak chess fonts redone in Adobe Type 1.
i skull: A font to draw a skull.
i slantsc: Access different-shaped small-caps fonts.
i starfont: The StarFont Sans astrological font.
i stix: OpenType Unicode maths fonts.
i substitutefont: Easy font substitution.
i superiors: Attach superior figures to a font family.
i symbol: URW "Base 35" font pack for LaTeX.
i t1utils: Simple Type 1 font manipulation programs.
i tapir: A simple geometrical font.
i tengwarscript: LaTeX support for using Tengwar fonts.
i tex-font-errors-cheatsheet: Cheat sheet outlining the most common TeX font errors.
i tex-gyre: TeX Fonts extending freely available URW fonts.
i tex-gyre-math: Maths fonts to match tex-gyre text fonts.
i tfrupee: A font offering the new (Indian) Rupee symbol.
i times: URW "Base 35" font pack for LaTeX.
i tipa: Fonts and macros for IPA phonetics characters.
i tpslifonts: A LaTeX package for configuring presentation fonts.
i trajan: Fonts from the Trajan column in Rome.
i txfonts: Times-like fonts in support of mathematics.
i txfontsb: Extensions to txfonts, using GNU Freefont.
i txgreeks: Shape selection for TX fonts Greek letters.
i type1cm: Arbitrary size font selection in LaTeX.
i typeface: Select a balanced set of fonts.
i ucharclasses: Switch fonts in XeTeX according to what is being processed.
i uhc: Fonts for the Korean language.
i umtypewriter: Fonts to typeset with the xgreek package.
i universa: Herbert Bayer's 'universal' font.
i utopia: Adobe Utopia fonts.
i varisize: Change font size in Plain TeX.
i venturisadf: Venturis ADF fonts collection.
i wadalab: Wadalab (Japanese) font packages.
i wasy: The wasy fonts (Waldi symbol fonts).
i wasysym: LaTeX support file to use the WASY2 fonts
i wnri: Ridgeway's fonts.
i wnri-latex: LaTeX support for wnri fonts.
i wsuipa: International Phonetic Alphabet fonts.
i xetexfontinfo: Report font features in XeTeX.
i xits: A Scientific Times-like font with support for mathematical typesetting.
i yannisgr: Greek fonts by Yannis Haralambous.
i yfonts: Support for old German fonts.
i yhmath: Extended maths fonts for LaTeX.
i zapfchan: URW "Base 35" font pack for LaTeX.
i zapfding: URW "Base 35" font pack for LaTeX.
i zhmetrics: TFM subfont files for using Chinese fonts in 8-bit TeX.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Perl—the only language that looks the same before and after RSA encryption.
				- Keith Bostic