[OS X TeX] how to place user-specific texmf.cnf on Mac OS X

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Sep 18 10:33:04 CEST 2012

Am 18.09.2012 um 05:06 schrieb Junqi Hu:

> What can I?

/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf.cnf – though it's not user specific. I think it makes no sense configuring TeX basic TeX settings on an user level. The OS fonts are installed specific to a system's layout, not that of some user.

I have set:

	OSFONTDIR = /Library/Fonts//;/System/Library/Fonts;$HOME/Library/Fonts

but ~ seems to work as well.

If you have no access to /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf.cnf (although the MacTeX installer prepares it) you can set an environment variable OSFONTDIR which directs TeX to the font directories.

--
Greetings

  Pete

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
				– Blaise Pascal