[OS X TeX] Should update my Mactex installation?

Filipe S. mailists at iess.eu
Tue Sep 4 18:37:06 CEST 2012

I've just found out about the Tex Live Utility, and the possibility of updating most of it's LaTeX installation.

Until now the only way i updated was installing yearly each new Mactex release. But now i' curious, if the point of these releases are binary stability, is it ok for us users updating random isolated packages between releases? I would prefer to have the corrected and updated version of most packages but i'm not sure if updating through Live Utility won't break anything.

So, should i use Live Utility to update packages in my MacTeX installation?

——

thanks for your help!

regards,

FIlipe