[OS X TeX] Compiling 'skt.c' in order to use Sanskrit for LaTeX 2e by Charles wikner

Park, Boram boram at hwaom.org
Wed Oct 24 21:02:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am a newcomer in MacTeX.
I am trying to typeset Devanagari using Sanskrit for LaTeX 2e by Charles
Wikner.
It seems to need to compile "skt.c" before using a command, "skt" to
produce a tex file suitable for LaTeX.

 Thus, after many try and erros, I tried to compile the file "skt.c" but it
failed with this alarms.(even though I have no idea about compiling,
programming, etc.)
> XXX-MacBook-Pro:sanskrit BoramPark$ gcc -O2 -g -Wall -o skt skt.c
> skt.c:46: error: conflicting types for ‘getline’
> /usr/include/stdio.h:449: error: previous declaration of ‘getline’ was
here
> skt.c:140: warning: return type defaults to ‘int’
> skt.c: In function ‘main’:
> skt.c:168: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
> skt.c:168: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
> skt.c:170: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
> skt.c:170: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
> skt.c: In function ‘write_outbuf’:
> skt.c:274: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has
type ‘size_t’
> skt.c:274: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has
type ‘size_t’
> skt.c: At top level:
> skt.c:334: error: conflicting types for ‘getline’
> /usr/include/stdio.h:449: error: previous declaration of ‘getline’ was
here
> skt.c: In function ‘getline’:
> skt.c:335: warning: unused variable ‘p’
> skt.c: In function ‘process’:
> skt.c:433: warning: unused variable ‘i’
> skt.c: In function ‘autohyphen’:
> skt.c:1475: warning: unused variable ‘p’

I am not an expert on programming, so please let me know how to compile it
or could you compile it in order to use in on os X mountain Lion?

I am so sorry about this asking.

Many thanks.