[OS X TeX] Another Experimental TeXShop 3.12

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Oct 17 02:47:25 CEST 2012

On Oct 16, 2012, at 5:58 PM, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I just upgraded
>
> 	http://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/TeXShop312.zip
>
> Some localization has been added and in particular you can set the
> source text color and source background color in all localizations.
>
> Work is being done on icons, but the original 312 icons are
> unchanged in this version.
>
> The biggest change, which may be controversial and might not last,
> is that tex, ltx, ctx, and texi files now have type edu.uo.texshop.tex,
> edu.uo.texshop.ltx, edu.uo.texshop.ctx, and edu.uo.texshop.texi
> and the spot in the source code which mentions this (so when
> users edited .info files in TeXShop, they could no longer open
> new documents) is changed to edu.uo.texshop.tex.
>
> This change may be in line with the com.barebones.bbedit.tex-source
> line in BBEdit, although there is no kMDItemContentTypeTree stuff.
>
> Dick Koch

Howdy,

Sigh... I deleted my copy of 3.11 (after making a compressed copy) and then dragged the Experimetal 3.12 into the folder in /Applications but no happiness here; the .tex files all had generic icons. Didn't try to remove 3.12 to the desktop and then bring it back in.

Gary, did you play with the info.plist file before moving it and returning it? I didn't.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)