[OS X TeX] eps to pdf conversion

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Oct 9 17:46:43 CEST 2012

On Oct 9, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at me.com> wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2012, at 8:37 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> E.g., a rogue tex file could add files that could do damage to the OS.
>>
>> Check for a change you made to texmf.cnf on the system where it seems to work? What TeX distribution is on the system where it seems to work?
>
> I remember now what happened. On the desktop I am still using my older preferences in TS, with --shell-escape, but in my laptop I trashed the preferences and TS installed its default (no shell escape).  Is there a difference between restoring the shell escape in the engine versus editing the texmf.cnf file?
>
> Themis

Howdy,

Always better to change a personal file rather than a ``system wide'' file. Take a look at Appendix A in the Eps-Tiff-Conversion document MacTeX-2012 installs in /Applications/TeX. You can also download the zipped document as Eps-Tiff-Conversion2012.pdf.zip from <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10932738/index.html>.

Appendix A gives you information on how to restore --shell-escape to TeXShop's built-in pdf(la)tex engines and the latexmk based engines.

I'm not sure if that will solve your problem but it's worth a try.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)