[OS X TeX] command-click on the name of a console file

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 03:18:35 CET 2012

On Nov 17, 2012, at 12:39 PM, Michael Sharpe wrote:

> On Nov 16, 2012, at 4:46 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> However, I have no idea how to make \currfiledir appear in the
>> console. The documentation of currfile has a section entitled
>> "stand-alone usage of currfile-abspath" which I am totally unable
>> to understand. I cannot even decide whether or not it is relevant
>> to what I would like to do. (But it is not a big issue at all.
>> Mostly a matter of "elegance".)

It didn't work:

> Assuming you're using pdflatex

I do.

> and have included
>
> \usepackage[abspath]{currfile}

I inserted the option [abspath] in the preamble's
\usepackage{currfile} but while the file

	% !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk

	\documentclass[11pt]{book}
		\usepackage{currfile}

	\begin{document}
		some text
	\end{document}

compiled, the file

	% !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk

	\documentclass[11pt]{book}
		\usepackage[abspath]{currfile}

	\begin{document}
		some text
	\end{document}

produced the error

> /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/currfile/currfile.sty:
> 43: Package
> keyval Error: abspath undefined.
>
> See the keyval package documentation for explanation.
> Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
>
> l.43 \ProcessKeyvalOptions*
>                            \relax
> ?
> Process aborted

So, I must be doing something even more stupid than usual. But what?

> (I assume you are using TeXShop

What else is there?

> and the pdflatexmk engine

So I do.

> , so that there is no need to to add the -recorder option.)
>
> Michael

Embarrassed regards
--schremmer