[OS X TeX] command-click on the name of a console file

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 01:46:28 CET 2012

On Nov 16, 2012, at 7:19 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 16.11.2012 um 19:38 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> I wanted to automate things and tried
>>
>> \typeout{IF YOU CAN'T SEE THIS IS \currfiledir, GET YOUR EYES
>> CHECKED.}
>>
>> but the directory name doesn't appear.
>
> Are you making use of the currfile or currfile-abs packages? These
> also allow to write out the (included) file's path name.

I am using the package currfile by Martin Scharrer which superseded
the fink package which Didier Verna deprecated in favor of currfile
and which I used a lot.

I make very heavy use of

\xdef\CheckableItem{\currfiledir-\currfilebase}

to label the problems used by Nicola Talbot's probsoln and also of
\currfilebase in templates that avoid having to enter filenames by hand.

However, I have no idea how to make \currfiledir appear in the
console. The documentation of currfile has a section entitled "stand-
alone usage of currfile-abspath" which I am totally unable to
understand. I cannot even decide whether or not it is relevant to what
I would like to do. (But it is not a big issue at all. Mostly a matter
of "elegance".)

Hopeful regards
--schremmer