[OS X TeX] PDFs with gradient mesh applied don't appear

Gary L. Gray glgray at me.com
Fri Nov 16 23:26:07 CET 2012

I am hoping an expert with knowledge of Illustrator and pdflatex can help me with this.

I just created a figure in Illustrator that uses the mesh tool to create a custom gradient. What the figure is supposed to look like can be seen in the attached file named C10S3Fig-EulerAngles-1.pdf. What I see when I include it in a pdflatex document is what you see in PastedGraphic-3.png. Interestingly, if I use TeXShop's Selection tool to grab the image from the preview, I see what you see in PastedGraphic-2.pdf. One more thing, when I view the PDF in Acrobat, it looks fine.

Can anyone give me any insight into what is going on here?

Thank you.

Gary