[OS X TeX] Funny bug in hyperref

Don Green Dragon fergdc at Shaw.ca
Tue Nov 6 06:26:23 CET 2012

Hello Peter,

My late response reflects the fact that I'm just returning to work with TeX after a long vacation from same.

On 06Jul2012, at 4:07 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

<<snip>>
>>> When you're using an irregular encoding like MacRoman you really should record this in the preamble:
>>>
>>> 	\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>>> 	\usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}
>
> These are not the questions. Since half-a-zillion of input encodings exist it's necessary to record one's choice. Because guessing the right one can take long.

I'm not really sure which 'encoding' I'm using, but the following two lines are a standard part of my preamble:

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}		% Can use [latin1] in place of [utf8]
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}		% for guillemets use & certain symbols & fonts

Is there anything 'irregular' about the above?

I ask because one of my settings (elsewhere) was the same as Alain's.

Don Green Dragon
fergdc at Shaw.ca