[OS X TeX] source sans pro and source code pro?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 5 01:36:54 CET 2012

Am 04.11.2012 um 06:35 schrieb Ross Moore:

> No it does not; at least, not with  pdfLaTeX  as the driver.

No, Ross, it works with pdfLaTeX! The packages come with OTF and PostScript Type 1 fonts. By loading sourcesanspro this file makes the decision whether sourcesanspro-otf.sty or sourcesanspro-type1.sty is to be loaded. The actual problem is the table around line #60 in /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/sourcesanspro/sourcesanspro.tex which uses font select commands only defined for use of OT fonts. So it's probably best to modify the file a bit and put

	\ifpdf
	\else

before and

	\fi

after the table… This way I received a PDF output file from pdfLaTeX with these fonts:

name                                 type              encoding         emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- ---------------- --- --- --- ---------
RHIHCR+SourceSansPro-Bold            Type 1            Custom           yes yes no      31  0
RHIHCR+SourceSansPro-Bold            Type 1            Custom           yes yes no      32  0
RIZWKK+SourceSansPro-Regular         Type 1            Custom           yes yes no      33  0
RIZWKK+SourceSansPro-Regular         Type 1            Custom           yes yes no      35  0
Times-Roman                          Type 1            Custom           no  no  no      36  0

/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/doc/latex/sourcecodepro/sourcecodepro.tex is buggier, starting on line #3. Here one needs to remove the "-otf", then ones needs to "filter" the table around line #60.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
				– Georges W. Bush