[OS X TeX] Multiply defined labels in TexShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Nov 1 13:23:11 CET 2012

On Nov 1, 2012, at 6:39 AM, Jean Jeener <jean.jeener at scarlet.be> wrote:

> I am using TexShop 2.47 under OS X 10.6.8 on an iMac8.1, typesetting under RevTex 4.1. I am disappointed of not getting any warning in the console window when a label is multiply defined. I have a vague reminiscence that Textures did provide such warnings, which were very useful for me. Is there a way to get such warning for multiply defined labels when using TexShop ?
>
> Sorry to ask naive questions, thanks for a reply anyway.
>
> With best regards,  Jean Jeener.

Howdy,

I assume you mean a warning during a typesetting run. That is a function of the TeX distribution rather than TeXShop. I would guess that there is some information in the console window that you are missing during the second, etc., runs of the typesetting program.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)