[OS X TeX] How do I use a personally compiled luatex with MacTeX,

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue May 29 11:56:57 CEST 2012

Am 29.05.2012 um 11:21 schrieb George Nurser:

>> On the command line you should not need to use "/usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/x86_64-darwin/luatex". A simple "luatex" should be sufficient.
>
> Only after copying the luatex across into /usr/bin/texlive

Of course...

>> When you try to compile LaTeX files, you should use lualatex instead...
>
> Ah! I'd assumed that since lualatex was just a symlink to luatex it
> made no difference. But indeed it does. Now I get an obscure luatex
> error -- I guess it's best to ask on the luatex list for this:

The error you report might have to do with other updates you need to install to substitute your old Lua scripts like otfl-font-cid.lua, luaotfload.lua, modutils.lua...

It might be better to try the MacTeX 2012 pre-test distribution...

--
Greetings

  Pete

Bake pizza not war!