[OS X TeX] How do I use a personally compiled luatex with MacTeX,

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon May 28 18:25:50 CEST 2012

Am 28.05.2012 um 18:12 schrieb George Nurser:

> # Post-compilation installation should be a simple matter
> # of copying the executable to a normal place for web2c
> # binaries

Which means that it cannot be installed in the local or user area.

> OK, this is I think what you suggested. I did try this, but it didn't
> work without..

Without what? "Sudo"? "Cp"? "Install"? A mixture of these?

> # and generating the desired formats.
>
> This is what I'm not sure about.

First step: fmtutil-sys --help
Second step: sudo fmtutil-sys --byengine luatex

--
Greetings

  Pete

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
				– Douglas Adams